Computer Science Engineering offers one of the most lucrative career options. The relevance of software knowledge in today’s world is unparalleled. Everything, starting from the smallest to the most important of organizations run supported by the base functioning of computer science engineering knowledge.
With a steady stream of students opting for computer science engineering, there is confusion among the graduates. It is the career options after graduation that worry them the most. So what should glorified graduate engineers do after completing their bachelor’s?
A software developer is an important position in any organization. His main responsibility is to design the software. Through his knowledge about the principles of computer science engineering, he will design software.
The employees of the organization would then use the software for various purposes- office activities. Following are the applications of the software-
- Sales Function
- Purchase Function
- Account Storage Information
- Analysis of Meta Data
A software developer must possess knowledge of the different programming languages. Such programming languages include C++, Java and Python.
The software developed must be portable and easy to access. It should be compatible with the computer system on which the work is being performed.
After learning computer science engineering, you can establish a career as a Database Administrator. Following are the important functions of this portfolio in an organization-
- Checks and Monitors Existing Software Programs.
- Maintains Purchase record of Software by Consumer.
- Implements the principles of Computer Science Engineering.
- Maintenance of Control over Company Database.
- Maintaining Safety and Integrity of the Data.
- Conducting a thorough analysis of the data obtained.
The software cannot function optimally without the hardware. Thus there must be someone to work on the hardware aspect of computer systems.
Graduates after studying computer science engineering pursue a career as a computer hardware engineer. They perform the following functions-
- Design, Development and testing of computer hardware components.
- Understanding how a router, switch, motherboards and memory devices work.
- Conducting repairing and maintenance operations of computer hardware systems.
- Analyzing the functions of data coordination.
- Implementing Unique designs to reduce workload.
- Through basic knowledge acquired from computer science engineering, create a network of computer peripherals.
- Checking whether the devices work appropriately during the performance of crucial functions.
Computer Systems Analyst
As the name suggests, a computer system analyst analyzes the functioning of computer information systems. With acute knowledge in computer science engineering, they undertake critical activities and functions like-
- Solving complex analytical operations.
- Analyzing data integration systems.
- Encoding complex algorithms. This helps in the maintenance of seamless communication.
- Safeguarding the network server of the computer system.
- Identifying problems and issues in the security layers of the computer information systems.
- Emphasizing data management and information disbursal.
Computer Network Architect
The study of the basics of computer science engineering allows an engineering professional the knowledge to understand the principles of computer networking.
The network security layer of a computer helps in the performance of important web-related functions like the performance of data operation, maintaining system integrity and working on important functions of storage. The work of a computer network architect includes-
- Design, install and maintain network operations.
- Processing technological operations in a computer system.
- Maintaining the operation of the Intranet network.
- Eliminating problems in the servers like LAN and WAN.
- Collaborating with students with an innovative and analytical mindset.
- Regularly checking the network security layer and preventing the entry of viruses and malware into the system.
Web Development has become one of the most important facets of computer science engineering. Designing attractive web pages, installing unique contents on the homepage of a company has become the primary means to attract customers.
There are many aspects of web development like web page designing, webpage maintenance and link building on web pages. Following are the important applications of web development in a modern scenario-
- Designing web pages using software application tools.
- Creative attractive layout and design to raise interest levels among the consumers.
- Adding requisite security layers to prevent data manipulation.
- Engaging resources to build a company portfolio on the webpage.
- Engaging in branding activities through the development of websites and the homepage of the organization.
Computer Science Blogger
After studying computer science engineering you can pursue a profession in computer science blogging. If you do not wish to get engaged in the technical profession of computer engineering then this is the ideal profession for you. You can do the following things once you become a computer science blogger-
- You can write blogs about technological applications of the computer system.
- Can add relevant content about problems faced by users while operating on network security layers.
- Generate traffic on your blog by writing informative and socially responsive articles.
- Can give laymen an idea about how the technological software and hardware operations in a computer take place. Thereby novices can gain an idea about the computer systems after going through your blog.
Every company lately owns a specific website. An online web designer helps in making the websites attractive for those who visit the website frequently. They improve the aesthetics of the website. Along with this, they perform other functions like-
- Website Analysis
- Animation and 3D Imaging
Thus Computer Science Engineering is vaunted as the future of work operations. With remote work being encouraged, all across the globe, computer systems are becoming the backbone of work operations. Slowly human labor will be replaced by automated functions performed by a computer. Therefore students pursuing a career in Computer Science Engineering are poised to have a bright future ahead of themselves.
Also read: Career Opportunities in Data Science